David Lloyd Leisure Roadshow
Pre-Wimbledon National Pop-up Coaching Roadshow
The David Lloyd Leisure Group is the UK largest health and leisure operation (DLL) operating 81 clubs in the UK and a further ten clubs across Europe, comprising David Lloyd Clubs, Harbour Clubs and Next Generation, plus the new high street concept, David Lloyd Studio. With approximately 450,000 members and employing 6,000 staff, David Lloyd Leisure have a health and fitness team of more than 1,800 and more than 400 tennis professionals.
We are always looking for new, fun and innovative ways to encourage people to pick up a racquet. Many children would love to play tennis, but don’t always have access to the courts. The REBOwall is a fantastic solution, but you can start playing tennis anywhere – whether it’s at the park or in the garden!”
David Bulgin, David Lloyd Leisure Group Racquets Manager
UK’s leading Health and Leisure Operator David Lloyd Leisure invited Henman Communications to launch a pre-Wimbledon summer drive to encourage everyone to pick up a racket and get playing
Tennis campaign. We delivered a series of ‘Pop-Up’ coaching clinics at local inner-city schools on the innovative REBOwall, and our PR strategy was aligned with the LTA’s grass-roots tennis strategy of increasing tennis participation across the UK amongst juniors.
The road show was hosted Andy Murray’s former coach, Mark Petchey, visiting local schools in Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow to hold ‘pop-up’ tennis coaching clinics for hundreds of primary school children, culminating in a final clinic the South Bank in Central London. Partnering with the UK’s leading Kids newspaper First News, we running a competition for all UK schools to win a free REBOWall on the completion of the roadshow. Post event we installed a REBOWall on their school grounds to create an ongoing tennis legacy.
What we delivered
- Audience reached 10,887,392 million, PR value £84,430, AVE value £253,290
- PR strategy, planning, budgeting, logistics and roadshow operations
- Stakeholder management of the REBOwall operations team
- Management of each of the DLL GM’s, tennis professionals and schools at each location
- Ambassador liaison with Mark Petchey
- Media partnership with First News
- Pre event ‘selling-in’ to all national and regional media and onsite media management at each event.
- Management of TV and print media interviews with Mark Petchey, DLL staff and school teachers
- Press coverage in: First News, Solihull Observer, London Evening Standard, Edge Magazine, BBC Midlands Today, Big Center TV, Scottish Sun, London Live TV, STV Glasgow, The Herald, The Guardian, City AM, Talk Sport, ITV London, BBC London (94.9), South West Londoner, Primary Times
- Content Generation: HD video showreeel at each event, high res photos to support media output
- Management of Agassi and David Lloyd Leisure’s All Star Juniors events, including coaching ‘master-class’, Q & A, and autograph session
- Twitter social media support with internal DLL team
- Media pack creation, measurement, evaluation and press cuttings book