#Rally4Grenfell Everyone Active Community Fundraising Tennis Campaign
Henman Communications were appointed by Everyone Active, operator of Westway Sports & Fitness Centre, to launch #Rally4Grenfell, a fundraising tennis and sports campaign to raise money for the British Red Cross Fire Relief Fund and the Grenfell Tower local community.
As we come to mark one year since the tragic events of Grenfell, we wanted to commemorate the community spirit during this difficult time. Our community came together in an incredibly powerful way following the Grenfell Tower fire and you could see that every day in the number of volunteers and donations that surrounded Westway Sports & Fitness Centre.
Our tennis festival will provide local school children with a great opportunity to come together and learn a new skill. We look forward to welcoming the community through our doors for this event and hope to make it a real success for everyone to enjoy.”
Ian Ling, Westway Sports & Fitness General Manager
We’re are thrilled to be appointed by Everyone Active on this project and use our expertise and wide network of contacts in the tennis and sports world to source to launch #Rally4Grenfell fund-raising campaign and to raise as much money as possible for the British Red Cross Fire Relief Fund and make a difference to the Grenfell community.”
Richard Henman, Henman Communications CEO
The Grenfell Tower fire broke out in the early hours of 14th June. In the immediate aftermath Westway Sports & Fitness Centre, operated by Everyone Active and Westway Trust, provided temporary shelter for those directly impacted by the fire.
Over several weeks the sports centre hosted a humanitarian hub where the British Red Cross and several organisations offered essential services to survivors and people from the community.
The Grenfell community was changed forever and the fire tragically took the lives of 72 people.
One year on, the Grenfell community is still trying to get back on its feet, whilst in the middle of the ongoing public inquiry. With the help of the British Red Cross Fire Relief Fund, and a range of partners, the Westway Sports & Fitness Centre has organised an online auction, whereby stars of the tennis, sport and entertainment worlds have united to show their support and solidarity for the Grenfell community.
The online auction ran from 21st May – 21st July 2018 and the #Rally4Grenfell JustGiving website is www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rally4grenfell
A total of £65,000 was raised and revenue from:
- Donation from Everyone Action – £50,000
- Sales of shirts & wristbands – £2,234
- Online Auction – £4,513
- Donations to our JustGiving page – £8,260
PR & Social Media Deliverables
- Created the hashtag #Rally4Grenfell website auction fundraising concept
- Advised on all areas of strategy around: PR, digital marketing, auction website, content creation, social media (organic and paid-for) key messaging, stakeholder management partners and the Tennis Festival.
- Sourced and co-ordinated over 50 items for the online auction
- Planned and delivered the media outreach strategy
- Drafted press releases, messaging, media packs etc
- Appointed Tennis Threads as the official tennis media partner
- Created daily social media posts for each auction item
- Planned, filmed, edited and distributed the official video
- Co-ordinated photo-shoot to create digital assets
- Co-ordinated media interviews with Wimbledon Champion Jamie Murray at the Tennis Festival
Henman Communications sourced over 50 auction from celebrities in the tennis and sports world. Amongst other these included:
- Signed shirt from Sir Andy Murray
- Hospitality tickets to the Nitto ATP Finals
- Corporate hospitality tickets to watch Arsenal play at the Emirates,
- Badminton masterclass with Gail Emms MBE,
- Strength & Conditioning session with Sir Andy Murray’s fitness trainer, Matt Little,
- Signed tennis racquets from: Afie Hewitt (Men’s World No.1 wheelchair player, Tim Henman OBE (Former British No.1), Greg Rusedski
- Signed shirt from the England football team,
- Signed shirt form the Spurs team,
- Dinner for 8 at Wahaca by Thomasina Miers
- Signed photo by climbing legends Sir Chris Bonington and Doug Scott,
- Tickets to watch Michael McIntryre live show.
Our stakeholder management included key donors and partners:
All England Lawn Tennis Club, ATP World Tour, Babolat, Betstar, Sir Chris Bonnington, British Red Cross, Caravan restaurants, Eric Dier, Doctor Today, Gail Emms MBE, Fever-Tree Championships, Fit8 Football Association, HEAD UK, Tim Henman, Alfie Hewet, IMG , JCDecaux, Steven Kaye, QPR in the Community Trust, Gordon Reid MBE, River Island, Rugby Portobello Trust, Greg Rusedski Catherine Sanders, Doug Scott CBE FRSGS, Saints Foundation, Teach Tennis International, Tennis Foundation, The Queens Club, Matt Le Tissie, Wahaca restaurants, Heather Watson, Emily Webley-Smith, Westway Trust, Marcus Willis, Yonex UK, Lawn Tennis Association, Lightmasters UK Ltd, Matt Little, Local Tennis Leagues, Lucozade Ribena Suntory, Mantis Sport, Miles Maclagan, Peter McCraw McGinley, Michael McIntyre, Millharbour Digital, Sir Andy Murray, Jamie Murray, Judy Murray OBE, Neilson Holidays, Nestlé Professional, Nike, Odd The Kerb, Mark Petchey, Portsmouth FC, PRO Management.
- 108 pieces of social or editorial coverage
- 596 K online readership
- 4 K estimated coverage views
- 32 average domain authority
Download online coverage report here – https://bit.ly/2N7Mxrv