Henman Communications were appointed by I.J.P. Design in October 2014 to raise the profile of the leading contemporary golf and lifestyle clothing brand, which was founded by Ian Poulter in 2007, across many key global markets including: the UK and Europe, the US, China and the EMEA.
I am thrilled that IJP Design has briefed Henman Communications to raise the brand’s profile globally. We have over 10 years’ experience working with brands and rights holders in the sports and lifestyle sectors and we are looking forward to further establishing ourselves within golf with an exciting and ambitious brand.”
Siobhan Kos, Ecommerce Manager at IJP Design
About I.J. P Design
Renowned for his iconic tartan trousers on golf’s biggest stages, IJP Design follows Poulter’s mantra of ‘look good, play great’ by combining style and functionality to create contemporary collections that perform to the highest standards and stand out on the golf course. Over the last 7 years IJP Design has established a unique and exciting golf and lifestyle brand with a fashionable edge. The brand philosophy is to ‘lead with the legs’ by designing the trousers first and then coordinating the rest of the outfit around them.
Our PR brief
Henman Communications has worked closely with the I.J.P Design internal digital marketing team to raise the profile of the brand’s men’s, women’s and junior’s clothing collections and align IJP Design’s global digital advertising strategy with PR to drive further commercial, marketing and brand building opportunities.
- Run monthly press office campaigns with key golf and lifestyle publications to collect data and build the I.J.P. Design data-base.
- Raise the profile of the brand’s men’s, women’s and junior’s collections in key global golfing retail markets
- Align I.J.P. Design’s global digital advertising strategy with PR and social media
- Drive further commercial opportunities by establishing global partners, particularly in key UK, US and Chinese markets
- Review strategic marketing partnerships in each territory and make recommendations to create and activate new partners
- Leverage greater coverage from current portfolio of sponsored players and ambassadors
Press offices campaigns have included
- Glen the Eagle putter cover launch
- ‘5 deals, 5 days’ promotion
- Ryder Cup ‘Tartan Tuesday’
- Partnership with MasterCard
- Partnership with FedEx